Aunt Spiffy's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 box instant french vanilla pudding (4.4 ounce box)*
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix. Use a wire whisk to completely incorporate ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat at medium speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
*This ingredient is optional apparently, because I accidentally left it out of the ones I made for the garage sale at church and the cookies turned out fine.